Monday 7 December 2015

Awesome, Yummy, Incredible Salad

My boys and hubby would say that 'awesome, yummy, incredible' and 'salad' don't belong in the same sentence....

...but I am here to prove a point.

I shall attempt to banish forever the haunting memories of limp lettuce and slabs of tasteless tomato that most of us have been presented with as a 'salad'. 

This is a combo of culinary delight that my awesome friend Abi once told me about, and I have served it up regularly as an accompaniment to a main dish, or indeed as the Main Event itself.! It's that good!

It is a plateful of alliteration too, as the main ingredients all begin with the letter 'P'.

So my love of word-play is also satisfied, along with my Tastebuds! 

All salad begins with a good vinaigrette.
It's just WRONG to serve a naked salad. 

Get a clean, empty jam jar.
Add a half teaspoon of salt.
Lots of freshly ground black pepper
A clove of crushed garlic.
Tow-thirds olive oil
One-third balsamic/red or white wine vinegar.

Screw the lid back on and shake it up like a cocktail.
Done.
Ready to use when you are.

In a shallow-ish dish ...
a pile of shredded up lettuce of you choosing
Then layer on the 'P' stuff

Prochuto
Peaches
Parmesan shavings
Pomegranate 
Pumpkins seeds.
Parsley (flat-leaf is best ...)

Dribble over with vinaigrette

Serve as it's own masterpiece, with a hunk of good bread (especially for mopping up the vinaigrette)
or a a side dish.



NOW tell me you don't like salad! 
Bet you can't! 


No comments:

Post a Comment